Christ in you... the hope of glory!

i am not a theologian, nor am i a great scholar... i am simply a Christ follower who wants to know Him more, and make Him known. if you aren't currently studying anything and want to, i invite you to study the book of Hebrews along with me. if you don't know Christ and are curious about who He is, the invitation is open to you as well!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hebrews 2:1-18

OK, so Chapter 2. I posted to my cousin's site who did a great job summarizing this chapter, but I wanted to say a little more now that I continue to think about it and then I'm moving on to Chapter 3.

I spent most of my time reflecting on the warnings given about spiritual drift, and wouldn't you know that the more I reflected, the more I drifted!! Isn't that exactly what the enemy wants us to do? Here's an excerpt from one of my favorite authors, AW Tozer, in his book, The Knowledge of the Holy. I thought it went along well with the beginning of this chapter in Hebrews.

"Until we have seen ourselves as God sees us, we are not likely to be much disturbed over conditions around us as long as they do not get so far out of hand as to threaten our comfortable way of life. We have learned to live with unholiness and have come to look upon it as a natural and expected thing."

As I was reflecting on Chapter 2, and on Tozer's words, I realized that spiritual drift does not occur as a result of blatant disobedience or rebellion, but it is brought on by nothing more than neglect and spiritual indifference. I take the author of Hebrews' warnings to heart because I am apt to fall in this category, and it's not a place I want to be. I have had to ask God to forgive me for my spiritual indifference this past week (or two). May I never become complacent with the unholiness around me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Spurling said...

Hey Barb - Here is chap 2

http://insidehebrews.blogspot.com/

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home