Christ in you... the hope of glory!

i am not a theologian, nor am i a great scholar... i am simply a Christ follower who wants to know Him more, and make Him known. if you aren't currently studying anything and want to, i invite you to study the book of Hebrews along with me. if you don't know Christ and are curious about who He is, the invitation is open to you as well!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hebrews 3 (Part 2)

In the second half of Hebrews 3, the Holy Spirit warns us against hardening our hearts toward the Word of God, as well as testing God. Both can lead to spiritual paralysis and it's nothing to fool around with. I think questioning why you believe what you believe is a good thing... in fact it's important to understand why you believe what you believe. However, some people can't have a true worship experience or even belief in God unless He proves Himself over and over in signs and wonders. God has done so much for us! Do we really need any other proof to believe He is who He says He is?! Do we need signs and wonders to prove that Jesus is faithful and will do what He says He will do? Do not test the Lord your God, but open your ears to what He has to say through His Word, and do not let your heart be hardened.

I also like how the writer of Hebrews reminds us that we can't walk this journey alone! We need to encourage one another daily! Yeah for that! I have proven to myself over and over that I can't do it on my own... in fact when I try, I miserably fail. I need my brothers and sisters to walk beside me to encourage, love, counsel, and sometimes scold me! It is this daily encouaragement that motivates us to stand firm until the end. Are you encouraging fellow believers daily?

I long for Christ's holiness to be real in my life. To do that, I need to fix my thoughts on Jesus (Hebrews 3:1). Let's encourage one another to do this TODAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home